Author Topic: Feature request: Patch specifications  (Read 2122 times)

whbjr

• View Profile
Feature request: Patch specifications
« on: May 21, 2016, 05:06:43 PM »
I would greatly love to see a list of what's in a specific patch. Currently, I keep a text file full of obscure descriptions such as:

B2:LowOctave
- BaPitch Sh:-12 Tn:3 Ba:22 Fn:12 Lv:100
- GKreuger B:4 M:4 T:2 MF:250 Gn:40 Lv:70 Cl:Off Cab:Off Mx:50

Pretty opaque, right? But, from looking at that, I know what the basic effects chain is, and I can re-create and/or tweak it.  Obviously, clearer names would help, but currently, I have no way of knowing what a patch will contain.  Help, please!

Dave (drdashdot)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request: Patch specifications
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 04:37:17 PM »

Hi whbjr.  What you ask is not easy. That information is contained in the patchfile, but not in an obvious way - not only is it different for each pedal and for each position in an effects chain, but it is chopped up and scattered all over the place, so would take a lot of time (and access to every pedal, and probably frustration!) to work out.
(An exception is patch names, which are pretty obvious in the file. I am looking at including name change capability.)

An alternative would be to post the information manually - perhaps a proforma approach?

On the other hand, it is very easy now to find out what a patch contains just by clicking on it to load it.  Save the original patch first so if you don't like the new one, change it back!

whbjr

• View Profile
Re: Feature request: Patch specifications
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 06:53:15 PM »
Okay - drat, but I understand completely!  Thanks for the info.