Author Topic: ZoomLib v1.0.1 for Windows  (Read 19467 times)

m0rgo

• View Profile
Re: ZoomLib v1.0.1 for Windows
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 04:10:19 AM »
Excellent piece of software - thanks for sharing.

bulldog

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 11:52:45 AM »
I’m running Windows XP SP3 and cannot get the editor to recognise/see my zoom G1on. I just get a waiting for connection message. I had no problem updating the firmware using the zoom program, and my computer recognises the zoom is connected. Any ideas?

bulldog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »
I've managed to get it working on my win7 laptop, so it may be a WIN XP S3 issue..

martinmj

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2019, 07:59:22 AM »
 I have managed to download the single patches such as the excellent Apache one, but I also have a complete set of the Art D'Echo patches for this pedal, designed to be opened with ZoomLib. But Zoomlib ALWAYS loads with the Zoom Patch exchange threads in the left-hand pane, and it never allows me to load the Art D'Echo patches using the Full Restore button. I had hoped to upload the patches individually, but I cannot do that until I can load them on the predal to split the information. Anyone help? Does ZoomLib exist as a stand-alone, or does it always have the Zoom patch exchange details in the l/h pane?

Dave (drdashdot)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2019, 03:45:12 AM »
I have managed to download the single patches such as the excellent Apache one, but I also have a complete set of the Art D'Echo patches for this pedal, designed to be opened with ZoomLib. But Zoomlib ALWAYS loads with the Zoom Patch exchange threads in the left-hand pane, and it never allows me to load the Art D'Echo patches using the Full Restore button. I had hoped to upload the patches individually, but I cannot do that until I can load them on the predal to split the information. Anyone help? Does ZoomLib exist as a stand-alone, or does it always have the Zoom patch exchange details in the l/h pane?

ZoomLib will work stand-alone.  To do what you want, copy the desired backup file to the ZoomLib backup data directory.
On windows, this is C:\\ZoomLib\
On a Mac, this is the ZoomLib subdirectory in your home directory.

Then when you press the full restore button in ZoomLib, the desired file should be available.

Cheers
Dave

martinmj

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 08:50:51 AM »
Hi Dave.
Tried your technique, but still cannot open the file. Fortunately Zoomlib worked correctly this time, connecting to the G1xon, and so I can play with the current files. Sadly when I hit 'restore' it will ONLY show files with the Gx1on extension, not the G1on extension , and this is the file I want to load. I have tried altering the file extension, but it still refuses to load it. Of course the file may be corrupted, but since there is no difference ( as far as I am aware, having played with Gx1on and G1on files in Tonelib interchangeably) between the different files, why will the pedal not load files with the G1on extension, and presumably adding the X doesn't fool the program.
Any help gratefully accepted!

martinmj

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2020, 05:31:32 AM »
Hi Guys.
Just an update-looks like the file must have been corrupted since , by ensuring the file was in the same folder as the Zoomlib program as suggested ( thanks for that tip, Dave) , it now loads correctly without any issues. It could also be that the file extension was G1on, not GX10n to match my pedal, although I am not aware of any differences in the patches between the two pedals, apart from the file extension. I'm going to compare the files later with a file viewer at HEX level, and see if I can work out the problem. Even more importantly, the Zoomlib now opens correctly with a well defined right-hand pane for the pedal, something it did not do  before, and dragging the patches across works well from those on the Zoompatch exchange site. Just remember to log in , or it won't work, as I found!
Incidentally I understand from another member 'downunder' ( I'm in the UK), that he is having issues accessing this site. I have never had any such problems before, and currently it is absolutely fine as far as I am seeing. A server issue, presumably...?
Thanks again,
Mike

AlanB

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 08:48:19 PM »
Incidentally I understand from another member 'downunder' ( I'm in the UK), that he is having issues accessing this site. I have never had any such problems before, and currently it is absolutely fine as far as I am seeing. A server issue, presumably...?

Yes, that's me. I'm in touch with Dave separately about this and he is looking into it. Weird thing is I can access this board but not the Patch Exchange which returns the error "unable to load webpage, Try again? Yes/No" Doesn't work. Possibly an issue with servers in AU or accessing a server from AU perhaps? Interested to know whether others are having similar problems. All used to work from here in the past. Not at the moment.

Thanks
AlanB

erreobo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2020, 07:07:09 AM »
Hi everyone! I am having the same problem, just downloaded the Editor, it installed properly, but when I run it, it says "Problem loading webpage" Retry? and it is not able to load the webpage.
Any suggestions on what to do will be welcome.

Running a Windows 10 with all updates on a Dell Xps 13. Connected to a G1Xon

Thank you very much

rO

Dave (drdashdot)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2020, 01:52:57 AM »

Sorry for the delay everybody - I've been out of action for a little while.

The problem with accessing the patch exchange from zoomlib should be fixed.  As always, fixing one thing can break something else unexpectedly - please let me know if that happens...

Cheers
Dave