Author Topic: G1xon on violin  (Read 1658 times)

a.pumpo

• View Profile
G1xon on violin
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:15:18 AM »
Hi all, i bought a yamaha silent violin and zoom g1xon. What values do you suggest to me to change on effects to make the sound good for violin? i need suggestion for all.
Thanks in advance!

Neb

• View Profile
Re: G1xon on violin
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:31:05 PM »
Two general videos about adding effects to violin:

Also search http://guitarpatches.com for 'violin' to get you started.

None of the presets on the G1 are very suitable for violin - after backing them up, you should probably just replace them all with a 'bypass' patch (ie. no effects applied), and start making your own more subtle effects. Be sure to upload your patches here (maybe with 'violin' in the title), to help out other violinists!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:37:42 PM by Neb »

werafa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 10:12:10 PM »
I would definitely try the acoustic simulator, the pitch bend, echo/reverb and chorus/ensemble effects.
also experiment with tone effects.

don't think you would have much success with overdrive/distortions

dave_t0661

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 01:53:43 PM »
Weird timing - I just happened to see a violinist using a gx1on this weekend in a latin/jazz ensemble. I kept looking all night to see when he would kick it on - in the end, he used it on one piece, as an envelope filter (auto-wah) effect. I guess either the "Cry" or one of the filter effects on the Gx1on.
And not just any band, either. The name of the band is "Odessa / Havana", they have won Juno awards (Canada's Grammy's). Playing at Koerner Hall, the Canadian Royal Conservatory of Music concert hall here in Toronto.
I figure if someone with chops like that is using it live, I feel pretty vindicated using it, even if it does look like a Fisher-Price toy.
Sorry, not really an answer to your question, but some info that it can be useful for violinists. :)
Dave_t